Law and Visas process US Visas
If you are in Nigeria, you will need a visa to visit the United States. The type of visa you apply for will depend on the purpose of your visit in the United States.
These are the different type US visa common in Nigeria.
US Visitor / Temporary Visa.
The visitor visa is a type of nonimmigrant visa for persons desiring to enter the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure, tourism or medical treatment (B-2).
Here are some examples of activities permitted with a visitor visa:
Business (B-1) United States Visa:
- consult with business associates
- attend a scientific, educational, professional, or business convention or conference
- settle an estate
- negotiate a contract
Tourism and Visit to the US (B-2 Visa):
- vacation (holiday)
- visit with friends or relatives
- medical treatment
- participation in social events hosted by fraternal, social, or service organizations
- participation by amateurs in musical, sports, or similar events or contests, if not being paid for participating
- enrollment in a short recreational course of study, not for credit toward a degree (for example, a two-day cooking class while on vacation).
How to apply for a US visitor Visa?
There are several steps to apply for a visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary. Contact Law and Visas to help you with your US visit visa application.
Travel for Medical Treatment in the US
If you are seeking medical treatment in the U.S., the consular officer may ask for further documents at your visa interview, which may include:
- Medical diagnosis from a local physician, explaining the nature of the ailment and the reason you need treatment in the U.S.
- Letter from a physician or medical facility in the U.S., stating they are willing to treat your specific ailment and detailing the projected length and cost of treatment (including doctors’ fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses).
- Proof that your transportation, medical, and living expenses in the U.S. will be paid. This may be in the form of bank or other statements of income/savings or certified copies of income tax returns (either yours or the person or organization paying for your treatment).
How to Apply for a US Visit Visa
There are several steps to apply for a US visa in Nigeria. The order of these steps and how you complete them is outlined below. We can help you complete your US Visa application form.
Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 – Learn more about completing the DS-160.
Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160.
Contact us today to help you with your US visa application.
How to Schedule a US Visa Interview
You must schedule an appointment for your visa interview, generally, at the U.S. embassy or consulate in Nigeria.
Wait times for interview appointments vary by location, season, and visa category, so you should apply for your visa early.
How to Prepare for Your US Visa Interview
- Fees - You must pay the required US Visa fee before your interview.
- The Interview: If you have an interview in the US embassy in Nigeria, you have to be very well prepared. Your performance at the interview determines whether you get the US visa or not. We can help you prepare for your US visa interview. We provide a robust US visa preparation service.
Documents Required for a US Visit Visa
Gather and prepare the following required documents before your visa interview:
- Passport valid for travel to the U.S. - Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the U. S.
- Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
- Application fee payment receipt, if you are required to pay before your interview
- Photo – You will upload your photo while completing the online Form DS-160. If the photo upload fails, you must bring one printed photo in the format explained in the Photograph Requirements.
Additional documents may be requested to establish if you are qualified. For example, additional requested documents may include evidence of:
- The purpose of your trip;
- Your intent to depart the U.S. after your trip; and/or
- Your ability to pay all costs of the trip.
Evidence of your employment and/or your family ties may be sufficient to show the purpose of your trip and your intent to return to your home country. If you cannot cover all the costs for your trip, you may show evidence that another person will cover some or all costs for your trip.
US fiancé(e) Visa - K-1 Visa.
The fiancé(e) United States Visa (also known K-1 nonimmigrant visa) is for the foreign-national who is fiancé(e) of a United States (U.S.) citizen.
The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival.
The foreign-citizen will then apply for adjustment of status to a permanent resident (LPR) with the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
A fiancé(e) K-1 visa permits the holder to immigrate to the U.S. and marry a U.S. citizen shortly after arrival in the United States, the fiancé(e) must meet some of the requirements of an immigrant visa in accordance to US immigration rules. Should the fiancé (e) K-1 holder have eligible children, they would receive K-2 visas.
Law and Visas can help you with your K-1 United States visa application process. We are established Immigration Lawyers in Nigeria.
Contact us to for today for a straightforward and excellent service.
Our US Immigration Visa services include:
- Non-immigrant Visa application form processing
- Documentation checks
- Eligibility Requirement checks
- University admissions & Student Visa
- Immigration legal advice
We can help you with your UK and Nigerian Visas. We are a leading specialist US advisory law firm. We work hard to ensure that we provide you with an excellent and satisfying service. We provide our clients with honest and straightforward advisory and legal service regarding all issues with UK and Nigeria immigration.
We have a 95% success rate.
We strongly advise our clients to contact us first before putting in their application to US embassy, as appeal of refusal can be lengthy and costly. Prevention is often better than cure. Let us help you prepare your visa application to give you the best chance of making your application a success. We have a 95% success rate. We will advise you on the documents you need and how to meet the eligibility requirements for your visa.
We can help you prepare your application and make sure that you meet all the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules. We will ensure that we check all documentary evidence needed for your application thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding refusal or unnecessary expense of re-submitting your application to US Immigration service.
Apply for US Visa through Law and Visas.
Applying for a visa can be very stressful and demanding. Let the professionals do it for you. We have the experience and technical ability to help you get a US Visa. We will do all the processing for you. Law and Visas is a leading Immigration Law firm in Nigeria.
These are the benefits of employing Law and Visas to process your US Visa application:
- We will handle all your application process with no stress.
- You will get quality and professional service.
- We process your application fast without delay.
- We assign you one on one Immigration Lawyer.
- You have direct access to a dedicated Immigration Lawyer for your case.
- You get support from our customer care team providing you regular updates with your case.
- We will provide you with the best and quality immigration advice.
- We will provide you the requirement specific for your case and purpose of your travel.
- We provide you a tailor-made service.
- We will tell you your success rate.
- We will increase your chances of getting you your US Visa We provide you immigration and travel support after you get your visa.
List of Services we Offer you:
Here are the list of services we would provide you.
- Immigration advisory
- Identifying required documents
- Document checks
- Filling the Application form
- Scheduling appointment
- Application verification
- Legal submission – (if needed)
- Service Review & debriefing on your case
- Post Visa – Immigration advisory.
Contact Law and Visas visa application team:
Tel: 08181547085; 08125505986; 07051278066
Our Address: Plot 334 Adeyemo Akapo Street Omole Phase 1 Ojodu Lagos.
Other Visas & US Visas
|US Visit Visa||Schengen Visas||Australia Visa|
|US Family Visa||UK Visas||Apply Now|
|US Marriage Visa||Canada Visas||Contact us|